Hulu is an American subscription video on demand service owned by Hulu LLC which provides streaming media and a limited amount of free content with commercials. The Internet Archive supports the public domain version of Hulu via web archiving as well as through BitTorrent in its Wayback Machine, or in its Screenshot Collection.
Hulu Error Code 2 is a problem that has been present for a while. Hulu has released 6 fixes to fix the issue. Read more in detail here: hulu error p-dev320.
While watching entertainment online, a Hulu Error Code may be incredibly annoying. Hulu viewers have often reported seeing Hulu Error Code 2. (-998). It’s a transitory error code that can be fixed with a few steps of troubleshooting.
Hulu error codes appear on your screen when there is a problem with your internet connection. Even out-of-date software or an unsuitable device might cause the issue.
This post will go through all of the problems that might cause a Hulu Error Code 2 (-998) and how to fix them quickly. If the error was caused by a problem with the Hulu server, none of the remedies will help. You’ll have to wait for Hulu’s server to come back up.
How Do I Fix Error Code 2 (-998) On Hulu?
Hulu Fault Code 2 (-998) is a transient error, and we’ve got 5 great methods to help you repair it so you can continue viewing.
Fix 1: Force the Hulu app to close.
The Hulu app’s force closing technique differs depending on the device you use to view video online.
On Android tablets and phones, you may force an app to close.
- Go to “Settings” on your Android phone.
- Open “App” > select “All apps.”
- In a new tab, go to “Hulu app settings.”
- Click on the “Force Stop” option > Select “Yes” to confirm your action.
- Check whether the issue remains by restarting your phone and then the program.
Closure by force for Android TV:
- Open your Android TV > Navigate to the “Settings” page from your home screen
- Select “Application” from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of installed apps, choose “Hulu.”
- Hulu App will be forced to shut down if you choose the “Force Stop” option.
- Hulu should be relaunched on your Android TV.
- Restart the television.
- Check for the error code’s persistence.
Fix 2: Turn Off The Hulu Online Streaming Device
- To switch off your Android phone, press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- To switch off an Android TV, hit the designated power button on your remote.
- Turn off your network and modem after the device has been turned off. If you’re watching Hulu on your phone using cellular connection, turn on Flight Mode on your phone and turn off the data.
- Disconnect any devices from the power source that are connected to the Android TV.
- Allow all gadgets to sit inactive for a few minutes.
- Connect all of the gadgets again.
- Restart the devices and see if the problem remains.
The connection is refreshed when you power cycle the streaming device and any other connected devices. One of the easiest methods to solve any temporary issues on your system and therefore avoid the Hulu Error Code 2 is to refresh your connection (-998).
If the problems persist, you should examine your internet connection. To operate Hulu, use a speed testing tool to confirm that your internet connection has a minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps.
You could also check the services of other applications on your smartphone in addition to your internet speed. Are other programs on your Android being harmed as a result of network issues?
Other applications may have similar warnings if the network is down. If not, contact Hulu’s online customer service and request a remedy.
Fix 3: Check Hulu for Pending Updates.
Hulu updates are handled differently on various devices.
Looking for Android tablet and phone updates:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Hulu may be found under installed applications.
- To download and install the available updates, go to the app’s update button.
- Restart your smartphone and open the newly updated app.
Looking for Android TV updates:
- Go to your Android TV Home Screen > Select and open “Apps.”
- Select “Google Play Store” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to “My Apps” and click on it.
- Hulu may be found in the Apps list, and you can update it by clicking “‘Update.”
- Wait for the updates to be downloaded and installed on the TV.
- Check whether the problem continues after rebooting the device.
Alternatively, go here to learn how to check for app and system updates.
Fix 4: Cache Memory and Data Clearing
Android Tablets and Phones: Clearing Data and Cache:
- Navigate to the phone’s settings.
- Apps may be opened by clicking on them.
- Tap on Hulu > Got to Storage
- Choose “Clear Cache” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose “Clear data” and repeat the process twice more.
Android TV data and cache cleaning:
- Go to your Android TV home screen > Open “Settings.”
- Navigate to Applications > Select “Hulu.”
- After that, choose “Clear Cache” and then “Clear Data.”
- Restart the program and check for changes.
If your device isn’t mentioned, learn how to erase cache and data on Hulu for other devices.
Fix number five is to uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app.
Go to the Settings page on your Android or internet streaming device and follow these steps:
- Go to “Apps” > Select “Hulu“
- Select “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu.
- Open PlayStore > Type “Hulu” and search
- To reinstall the program, click the “Install” button.
- Check to see whether the problem continues after restarting the device.
Tips: If your device isn’t mentioned, check out our guide on how to remove and reinstall Hulu on various devices.
Fix 6: Get in touch with Hulu’s customer service team.
Connecting with Hulu’s online chat assistance is probably the quickest approach to figure out what’s causing the issue and how to fix it.
You’ll need all of your account-related information to complete it. The subscriber or device-specific solution will only be known by the Hulu staff.
Visit: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en US
Contact Hulu directly at https://twitter.com/hulu Simply tweet your issue, and our support staff will respond quickly with a solution to the Hulu error you’re experiencing.
Here’s where you can ask questions, get answers, and get helpful hints about Hulu: https://community.hulu.com/s/questions
Hulu Issue Code 2 (-998) is a typical error that occurs while using an Android smartphone to watch video online. Hulu, on the other hand, does not have an official troubleshooting solution for this.
The preceding troubleshooting techniques are broad solutions that have yielded great results for Hulu customers in the past.
Also, here’s how to fix other Hulu issues:
- hulu code p-dev320
- error code 406 hulu
- hulu error code 406