Origin was an early video game distribution platform from Electronic Arts. It has since been discontinued, but the Origin logo remains in use by EA games on packaging and other marketing materials.
The “origin won’t open sims 4” is a problem that many people have encountered. Origin is Microsoft’s game launcher and it can be annoying when it refuses to open.
If you like multiplayer games like FIFA or Battlefield V, you probably already know that Origin is one of the greatest platforms for them.
The demand for Origin as a gaming platform is enormous due to the amazing features of “Origin Stores,” which offers cloud storage facilities in-game overlays.
When Origin won’t launch on your PC, it may be a real pain. This is the appropriate platform for you if you’re having trouble getting Origin to start.
We’ll go through five key methods for resolving origin not opening issues.
Why isn’t my Origin launching?
“I tried multiple times, but my Origin won’t open for gaming,” is a common problem. “How can I deal with such blunders?” Before we get to the answer, I think it’s important to understand why Origin isn’t going to launch in the first place.
The following are some of the causes that contribute to “Origin won’t open” errors:
- The presence of corrupted cache files
- When the issue is with Origin’s main gaming app,
- Errors in network connection
There might be other factors at play.
Whatever the cause for Origin’s inability to open, there are simple hacks that can have it up and running in no time.
Top 5 Ways to Solve the Origin Won’t Open Issue:
The simplest approach to launch the Origin program is to restart your computer or verify your internet connection. But what if the issue is more complicated?
We have these answers for you if your situation is more complicated.
1. Application for Compatibility Troubleshooting:
The most successful approach to get the Origin launcher to operate has been to run the compatibility troubleshooter.
Here’s how you can go about doing it:
- Right-click on the “Origin shortcut” icon on your desktop.
- Select “properties” from the context menu that appears.
- Navigate to the “compatibility” tab on the properties page and click to open it.
- Select “Run compatibility troubleshooter” from the drop-down menu.
- When you select “Try suggested settings,” you’ll be given a list of compatibility options to try.
- Close the properties page and launch the Origin client again.
- If the issue remains, try running the “Program compatibility troubleshooter” one again. Instead of using the suggested compatibility options, try something else from the list.
- When you experience persistent issues, change the application settings to Manual and confirm the changes by clicking the “OK” tab.
Here are some suggestions for compatibility settings:
- If the new version of Origin causes the majority of the problems in the beginning, remove it and reinstall the previous version.
- If full-screen optimization is enabled in the app settings, turn it off. Full-screen mode often obstructs the app’s seamless launch.
- As much as possible, give the Origin administrator powers.
2. Take a look at Clean Boot Technology:
When Origin opening issues continue to occur, many users find Clean Boot to be useful. The clean boot is a manual troubleshooting procedure that stops all troubleshooting operations in order to discover the program that is causing the app to malfunction.
How does the Clean Boot technology function?
- To enter the “run” dialogue box, press the keys “Windows + R” at the same time.
- To start, type “msconfig” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Go to the “Service” tab on the setup page.
- On the service list, check the box next to “Hide all Microsoft services” and then click the “Disable” tab.
- Return to the System Configuration tab and choose the “OK” option.
- To clean boot the system, close configuration and restart your machine.
If the issue does not continue, restart the troubleshooting process by enabling all Microsoft services one by one until the problem is resolved. This will assist you in identifying the program that is causing the problem.
You may remove the source program and terminate the troubleshooting process after you’ve located it.
Also see: 10 Ways to Open Discord If It Won’t Open
3. Delete Corrupt Origin Cache Files:
While Origin launches quickly, it often produces cache files. Launching issues occur when there are too many cache files in the Origin cloud storage and also in the internet browser.
You may use these procedures to erase all cache files from the RAM and reinstall the software.
- To open the “Task Manager” and stop the Origin software from operating in the background, press the “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” keys at the same time.
- To enter the “run” dialogue box, press the keys “Windows + R” at the same time.
- Press the “Enter” key and type “percent ProgramData percent “.
- Locate and open the “Origin” folder in the Program Data file.
- Keep the Local Content Folder in the Origin File and erase everything else.
- Restart the Origin Client after closing it.
The majority of the time, clearing cache files is effective.
4. Delete Temporary Files from the Source:
Origin produces “AppData” called temporary files when executing, much as cache files. Troubleshooting is often caused by an excessive collection of temporary files.
How can I delete the Origin temporary files? Here’s how you can accomplish it in no time:
- Unhide all of Origin’s temporary files. These temporary files are hidden in the system by default.
- Type “Folder” into the search box on your screen’s taskbar.
- Go to “Advanced Setting” when the folders page appears.
- From the advanced settings, choose the Show Hidden Files, Drives, and Folders option, and then hit the “OK” button to save the changes.
You will now be able to see all temporary files. It’s time to track them down and eliminate them all.
- To enter the “Run” dialog box, use the keys “Windows + R.”
- Press the “Enter” key after typing “percent AppData percent “.
- Delete all the Origin folders you see in the app data folder.
Restart the Origin client after closing the data page.
5. The Origin Client must be reinstalled:
If the issue remains after you’ve done everything else, the final option is to remove and reinstall the Origin client.
- Type “Control Panel” into the taskbar’s search box and click to open it.
- Select “Uninstall an application” from the Control Panel’s “Programs” tab.
- Locate “Origin” in the application list and right-click it.
- Select “Uninstall” from the context menu that appears.
- Restart your computer.
- Now go to the Origin official website and reinstall the application. Get the most recent version of EA software.
- Restart the app after running the new software.
Troubleshooting issues are rare when you have the most recent versions of Origin installed on your PC.
All of these hacks are efficient in effortlessly removing Origin not opening issues. To save time, attempt to locate the cause of the issue. Knowing the source helps in quickly fixing faults.
The “origin won’t install” is a problem that many people have faced. This article will teach you how to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Origin not working Windows 10?
A: Origin is not currently compatible with Windows 10. It has been stated that this will change in the future, but its unclear if they will be able to allow players to play their games on Windows 10 or if there may be a workaround for Linux users without requiring them to use Wine.
How do I repair Origin?
A: The Origin repair process is manual and takes about a minute. When you first start up your PC, it should automatically run through the repair process for you but if this does not happen please follow these steps below to manually do so.
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
2) Click on Task Manager or press Shift+Esc to open Task Manager in Window Mode (pressing Esc will also bring up Settings > System Protection). You can see which processes are running by looking at their names when they appear in the right side of the window under Processes, currently theres only one which might be Origin however. 3) Right click on that Origin instance and select End task or hit CTRL + ALT + DELETE again twice then choose Exit without prompt from the menu list of available options.
4) Once all programs have quit close out Windows Explorer by pressing Alt-F4 then restart your computer
- origin won’t open windows 10
- origin won’t launch mac
- origin fix
- origin won’t download
- download origin