Discord is a voice and text chat tool designed for gamers. It’s used by more than 40 million people worldwide, making it the go-to option for game communities to communicate with each other. Discord has many features that make it easy to use, but one downside among them is its inability to hear users who are on a call or have their device volume muted
The “can’t hear anyone on discord mobile” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue can be fixed by installing the latest update.
You must be acquainted with the discord screen sharing capability and the discord legacy audio subsystem if you like multiplayer gaming.
If you’ve been using Discord for a while, you’ve probably run across instances when you can’t hear other people.
When you’re dealing with such challenges, playing a game might be really aggravating.
But what if we told you that you could simply cure discord audio issues in no time? With the discord sound, we have the right hacks to make your life easier.
Why can’t I hear what others are saying on Discord?
Before we go into the hacks, let’s have a better understanding of why I can’t hear people on Discord —
- Audio device settings that aren’t right
- Discord bugs and updates
- Issues with network connection.
When You Can’t Hear Anyone, How Do You Fix Discord?
When you can’t hear someone in Discord, the first thing you should do is double-check your microphone and headphone connections.
Are the jacks connected to your computer properly? You must check that both the output and input ports are operational.
Also, check sure that your PC’s sound settings are not muted.
Using updated gadgets is critical while dealing with discord problems. After example, with sophisticated gaming systems like Discord, broken equipment are never beneficial.
If you’ve checked all of these fundamental areas and your discord audio problems remain, it’s time to attempt the hacks.
1. Limit the usage of other apps that may impair your voice.
If you have any other program on your PC that is linked to calling or voice recording than discord, it is likely to cause voice degradation in discord’s highly-calibrated audio infrastructure.
If you’re having trouble with this, switch off or delete these programs so that they don’t interfere with Discord audio.
2. Discord’s Input and Output Settings
In discord, an inaudible voice is typical if the output and input settings are incorrect.
Here’s how to resolve the problem:
- Right-click the Discord shortcut icon on your desktop to launch the software.
- Go to “User Settings,” which is near the Avatar photo in the bottom right corner of the landing page.
- Clicking on it opens a menu on the left, click on the “Voice & Video” option.
- Scroll down to “Reset Voice Settings” on the voice settings screen.
- Correctly choose the output and input devices from the voice menu.
- Select “Default device” from the drop-down menu. In the event that this fails, the optimum input-output device is a gaming headset with an integrated microphone.
- You will hear a “Beep” on your headphone if the audio problem is rectified.
- Don’t forget to check the Output volume slider before quitting the program. If it’s set to “zero,” you’ll need to turn it up.
Turn on Discord and join a voice channel only to make sure the settings have repaired the problem.
The “Green-light” on your screen will illuminate if the sound is operating properly.
Also see: 10 Best Discord Voice Changer Apps
3. Adjust the audio settings in Windows
This is one of the most straightforward methods for resolving the sound problem in discord. If you’re having difficulty with audio in Discord, your Windows audio settings may need to be reset to “Default.”
On a Windows 10 PC, how do you set up default communication devices?
- Right-click the “Speaker” icon on the right side of the taskbar to open it.
- Choose “Playback devices” from the drop-down menu.
- When the device list appears, go to the “Playback” tab and press the button.
- To open a device, locate it and right-click on it.
- Select “Set as Default Device” from the pop-up context menu.
- A green tick will appear beside the device icon of the device you designated as default.
- To confirm changes, click the “Apply” tab.
By now, the audio should be working properly.
4. The Legacy Audio Subsystem’s Use
Turning on the Discord legacy audio subsystem has corrected audio issues for the vast majority of users.
Why are we claiming that the audio subsystem is efficient? Your audio gear may not be compatible with the Discord app in certain cases.
The incompatibility will very certainly result in audio issues. The Legacy subsystem comes into play here.
How does the Discord Audio Subsystem work?
- From your desktop, launch the Discord app.
- Select “User Settings” from the drop-down menu beside your user avatar in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Audio & Video” Tab
- Look for “Use Legacy Audio Subsystem” in the device list.
- Toggle the “Use Legacy Audio subsystem” button to the “on” position.
- To confirm changes to the settings, click the “OK” tab.
- To exit the App settings, use the “Esc Button.”
5. Make modifications to Discord’s advanced settings.
Making adjustments to Discord’s advanced settings to address audio issues is virtually identical to enabling the legacy subsystem.
The procedure for altering advanced settings is as follows:
- To access the “User settings,” right-click and choose “User settings.”
- Open the “voice & video” option.
- Locate the “Advanced” options menu in the voice and video settings.
- Select the “Audio subsystem” option from the drawer-styled menu.
- Set the mode of the settings to “Standard.”
- When Discord asks for permission to make changes, choose “OK.”
Make sure the “Ensure Quality of Service High Packet Priority” option is turned off before exiting the page. If not, use the toggle to turn off the advanced options.
6. Reset your settings
As previously said, one of the most prevalent causes of audio troubleshooting is discord problems. Such issues are often resolved by automatic discord updates.
If you’re having trouble with Discord’s audio, you may manually install updates by refreshing the app settings.
How do you go about doing it? To refresh your Discord app, just hit the keys “Ctrl + R” at the same time.
All of these hacks will undoubtedly assist you in resolving audio issues. If you don’t want to test them and go right into the game, you may always go to discordapp.com, which is the online version of Discord.
Advice for You:
The “why can’t i hear anyone on discord 2021” is a problem that has been present for a while. In this article, we will go over 5 fixes to fix the issue.
- discord can’t hear other person but they can hear me
- i can’t hear anyone on discord
- discord can’t hear anyone reddit
- can’t hear discord iphone
- can’t hear anything on discord reddit