If you’re running Windows 10 on your computer and no sound is working, do not panic! There are a few steps that can be taken to fix the issue before it becomes more complicated.
The “how to fix no audio output device is installed” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 9 ways to fix the issue.
How to Fix the Error “No Audio Output Device Is Installed”
1st, turn on your computer.
When the hardware settings of your device are altered when you load your windows, this might cause difficulties with hardware like as audio devices, resulting in no audio output device being installed.
If you wish to avoid this problem, you must stop disassembling your computer while it is still loading up. You may dismantle components like a mouse, printer, or keyboard from your desktop after the computer has powered up.
So, you may reboot your computer to restore the hardware settings, and the no audio output device is installed issue will be resolved.
2: Uninstall and reinstall the Device Driver
You can try one of the most efficient methods to How to Fix the Error “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” on your computer. For this, first, you have to remove the current corrupted sound driver and then install a new one instead of a Microsoft website.
For this procedure, follow these steps:
1. Open the device management first, then choose the same sound and gaming controller option.
2. Next, right-click on the installed driver and choose Uninstall Device Driver from the context menu.
3. Now you must restart your computer and enter the device management window once again.
4. Then right-click on the window’s blank right side. Then, by hitting the same, scan the hardware modifications for accessible sound drivers.
5. Then, by right-clicking on the sound driver and choosing install, you may install it.
Also see: 6 Solutions to the Windows License Will Expire Soon Error
3: Take use of the Audio Troubleshooter
This is a feature that has the specialty of automatically detecting any issues that are concerned with audio and sound devices. So, you can follow the given steps provided below to use this audio troubleshooter feature provided to How to Fix the Error “No Audio Output Device Is Installed”:
1. Right-click on the sound icon on your system that displays the Red Cross and the error tab. This symbol may be seen in the bottom right corner of your computer’s screen. You must now choose the option to troubleshoot sound problems.
2. This audio troubleshooter function will scan your computer automatically to look for any audio issues. Allow some time for your device to finish the procedure, as it will take a few minutes.
3. Once you’ve completed the troubleshooting procedure on your device, it will immediately proceed to show you the results and must have made any required modifications.
4. After that, you may see whether the issue with no audio devices installed in Windows 10 has been fixed.
5. If it still doesn’t work and the No audio output device is installed windows 10 hp issue persists, go to your Troubleshooting results box and select the Explore Additional Options option. You may also try the following options for reinstalling your computer’s audio driver.
4: Replace the sound card
The no audio output device is installed issue in Windows 10 may also be caused by a problem with your computer’s hardware, which indicates the sound card inside your computer may be destroyed. So, for this approach, you may take your sound card to a service center or a local computer expert to have it replaced since it cannot be repaired and you may not be able to do it yourself without correct hardware knowledge.
This may be conceivable in certain exceptional circumstances, but it is something to consider.
Also see: How to Fix Windows 10’s Wacom Tablet Driver
5: Now is the time to use Scan to fix the driver.
This is another option that many people have tried, and it usually resolves the No audio output device problem.
1. To begin, open the Cortana search menu on your smartphone and enter cmd. Right-click Command Prompt when it appears in the Cortana search results. Then, when the Cortana popup box appears, choose Run as administrator.
2. You will now be presented with a UAC prompt, which you must accept in order to proceed.
3. Then type sfc/scannow into the command prompt and hit Enter.
4. As you can see, this command will start the scanning process automatically and will discover any errors with the driver or registry.
6: Turn on the audio device again.
The No audio output device is installed problem may be resolved by re-enabling the audio device capability.
You may do so by following these steps:
- To start, hit the Windows + R keys together to give your computer the Run command. Then, in the Run Window, enter devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- Then, in the displayed list on your computer, locate the Sound, video, and gaming controllers and click on it to maximize it.
- When the popup window displays on your desktop, click the enable button to re-enable your audio device, and your no audio device is installed problem will be addressed.
Also see: 9 Ways to Fix Error 0x8024a105 in Windows 10 Update
7: Update Drivers for Outdated Audio Devices
The issue at hand The lack of the current drivers in your computer system that need to be updated might also cause the No audio device has been installed issue.
To remedy this issue, you may use the utility Driver Easy, which will automatically scan your system’s drivers and hunt for drivers that are appropriate for your system.
As the name implies, Driver Simple makes it extremely easy for you to avoid the tedious work of locating the most appropriate driver for your device’s requirements and then downloading it automatically.
You may also update outdated drivers with the aid of Driver Easy by following the instructions below:
- To begin, you must first download and install the driver on your computer.
- Then, just launch the driver and choose the option to scan immediately. Driver Easy will now do an automated check of your device to see if any incorrect drivers are present.
- Then, immediately below the Scan now option, select the Update option to download and install the necessary drivers for your computer.
- If you wish to obtain the most recent version of all the drivers that aren’t compatible with your system’s features and have become obsolete or missing from your computer, choose Update All. (If you wish to do the same, you’ll need the Pro edition of the Driver Easy program, which you may be able to get for a lower price and which will make your procedure much more simple and efficient.)
8: Make use of Microsoft’s System Restore option.
You may also use the HP System Recovery technique or the Microsoft System Restore function to repair the No audio output device has been installed problem on your device. This approach is one of the greatest ways for resolving the sound issue on your computer so that you can use the sound function again without interruption.
- If your computer system has no sound and the sound icon still shows the no audio output device is installed error, you may use Microsoft System Restore to restore your computer system to a period before the problem occurred. You may also use this approach to see whether restoring the time addresses the problem. If not, go to the next step.
- You may also utilize HP Guided Solutions, which will employ HP system recovery to restore the system to a previous state when the problem did not exist. This procedure is similar to the first.
- If you continue to get the no audio output device has been installed on your computer error, you may need to take it to a service facility to have the problem resolved.
The problem might be related to your computer’s sound card, since it can cause the sound system to cease operating. You may use the fourth approach on this list to address the problem.
9: Fix Your Windows Registry Database That Has Been Corrupted
Due to the presence of any infection, your Windows Registry Database may get damaged. These viruses or malware have the potential to damage your computer.
Even with the most recent sound drivers, it might create driver difficulties, resulting in messages like No audio output device is installed. You may use the Registry cleaning program to assist you in repairing it.
The “no audio output device is installed windows 7” is a problem that has been present for a while. Fortunately, there are 9 ways to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
- install audio output device windows 10
- no audio output device is installed windows 11
- no audio output device is installed windows 10 2021
- no audio output device is installed windows 10 hp
- how to enable audio output device windows 10