Wifi is an integral part of our day-to-day lives, so it’s a good idea to know your wifi password. This article provides three simple methods you can use right now to find out your wifi password and never have any trouble getting online again.
The “how to see wifi password on android” is a tutorial that will teach you how to find your WiFi password. There are 3 easy methods that you can use to find your WiFi password.
Today, we’ll show you how to recover a forgotten wifi password on both a Windows and a Mac machine.
You may do this using your computer’s settings, or by going to your router’s settings page.
If everything else fails, you may attempt to reset your router, which will restore the factory default password.
You will be unable to determine your network’s password on your mobile device.
Method 1: Using Windows to Find Your Password
- Select the wifi symbol.
That symbol will be located on the far-right side of the taskbar, which is located at the bottom of your computer’s screen. You will be able to trigger the menu of your wifi to show on the screen by doing so.
This approach only works if your computer is presently connected to a wireless network for which you have forgotten the password.
You’re connected to your router through Ethernet if you see an icon on your computer screen that looks like a computer monitor adjacent to a cable. If you wish to figure out your wifi password, you won’t be able to utilize the Ethernet connection.
2. Select Network and Settings from the drop-down menu. You’ll find it at the bottom of the wifi menu.
3. Select the Wi-Fi tab. It’s on the left side of the Settings window.
4. Select the Change Adapter option. This is a link that can be found immediately under “Related settings” in the top-right corner of your wifi page. This will bring you to the Control Panel page.
5. Next, choose the current wifi network by clicking on it. On this screen, you will notice a monitor-shaped symbol with green bars next to it; this is the current network of yours.
6. Select View Connection Status from the drop-down menu. It’s a menu option located right below the address bar at the top of the Network Connections window.
7. Select Wireless Properties from the drop-down menu. This is an option that may be found in the centre of the window.
8. Select the “Security” tab. You will be able to locate the tab at the top of the window. When you’re finished, a page will appear with a “Network security key” section at the center of the page; here is where your password will be saved.
9. Select “Show characters” from the drop-down menu. It’s just below the “Network security key” tab. This will replace the black dots in the field “Network security key” with your own wifi password.
Method 2 – Using the Stock Password of the Router
- Wifi may be accessed by clicking on the symbol. You’ll find it on the right side of your computer’s taskbar, which is at the bottom of your screen. By doing so, you’ll be able to access the wifi menu, which will show on your screen.
This approach only works if you are presently connected to a wifi network that you have forgotten the password for.
You’re connected to your router through local area network if you notice an icon that looks like a computer monitor next to a cable. You can’t figure out your Wi-Fi countersign using local area network association.
2. Look for your password on the router device.
The password for the router is usually printed on a sticker that is attached to the back or bottom of the router device. 
This is a password that is often seen near the “SSID” header.
In the majority of circumstances, a password will be a long string of characters and digits, both upper and lower case.
3. Look in the router handbook or the box for your password.
If you still have the router’s original packing and manual, you should be able to find a reproduction of the login sticker within the package, mentioned inside the handbook (or on the back of it), or on a separate card that came with the router. This is only required if you are unable to remember your router’s default password.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to find your router’s documentation on the internet since your router’s password is unique to your model.
4. Use the bypass feature on your router to connect.
Most routers allow you to connect by pushing the “WPS” button on the router’s back and selecting the network on your laptop, mobile device, console, or entertainment unit. As long as you choose the network within thirty seconds or less, you will be able to connect your laptop (or other device) without having to remember the password.
WPS (or Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a feature that not all routers offer; thus, check your model’s contained (or online) documentation for a WPS (or Wi-Fi Protected Setup) capability.
This step will not help you figure out the Wi-Fi password, but it will allow you to connect to the internet on the linked device, which will allow you to figure out the password using one of the other ways given below.
Method 3 – Using the Mac to Recover Your Password
1. Go to the Finder and open it.
Then click on the Finder app’s icon, which looks like a blue face and is located on your Mac’s Dock.
You will not be able to connect to the wifi of your Mac using the network with which you will be able to get the wifi password of your Mac.
2. Press the Go button. This is a menu item in the row of items menus on the left side of your Mac’s screen, towards the top.
3. Select Utilities from the drop-down menu. It’s in the drop-down selection for Go.
4. Double-click on the Keychain Access icon. It’s in the Utilities folder, on the key-shaped app.
5. Double-click on your network’s name to activate it.
This is the name that will appear when the Mac connects to the wifi network.
By selecting the Name category towards the top of the Keychain window, you will be able to order the list of Keychain alphabetically.
6. Select the “Show password” checkbox. It’s towards the bottom of the desktop’s network window.
7. When asked, enter the administrator password. This is a password that you may use to access your Mac. When you properly enter the password on your administrator, the password for your wifi network will be presented in the password box.
These were the most effective techniques for obtaining your wifi password. You are free to test any of them based on your needs.
I hope we were able to answer your question about how to retrieve your wifi password, and if you found this post useful, please let us know in the comments section below, and if you have any further questions, please ask them in the comments section as well.
The “how to see wifi password windows 11” is a method that allows users to find their WiFi password. This can be done by pressing the Windows key and typing in “cmd”.
- how to view wifi password on iphone
- i forgot my wifi password but my phone is connected
- how to see wifi password – windows 10
- how to find your wifi password on mac
- how to find wifi password on computer