Discord is the go-to chat platform for gamers, and it’s a powerful tool in your arsenal. However, there have been reports of Discord not opening up on some PCs with Windows 10. Here are ten possible fixes to help you get around this problem and give you access to Discord again!
The “how to fix discord not opening” is a problem that many people are experiencing. There are 10 ways to fix Discord, and they range from easy fixes to more complicated solutions.
The majority of folks may be having fun with their buddies while playing their favorite games.
And they want to communicate at the same time. If you don’t sync, you may as well start using Discord.
Messages such as “discord won’t open” are often presented in such circumstances. This may make you feel anxious and apprehensive at times, but it will never make you panic.
Well, you’ve come to the ideal place, where you’re more likely to discover several techniques for swiftly resolving the discord won’t open problem.
Here are ten distinct techniques that might be really beneficial to you. So now is the time for you to learn all there is to know about each of them.
1. Employing the Taskkill Method
As soon as you discover the problem, restart the program as this may be the best option for resolving my discord won’t open issue.
The procedures are outlined below.
- To open the task manager, hold down CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time.
- When the task manager opens, scroll down and pick discord.exe, then click End Task.
drivereasy.com is the source of this image.
Another Way to Handle Taskkill
Instead of Googling why Discord won’t open in forms, the approach is almost same. Please stick with us.
- To do so, first hit Win+R, then type cmd, and then click OK.
- You must enter taskkill /F /IM discord.exe in the cmd window and then press Enter. This will terminate the discord.exe process.
- Now you must open the program, which will immediately correct the mistake.
2. Discord Cache Files Should Be Cleared
- Using the Win+R keys, open the Run command dialog box once again.
- After that, just input percent appdata percent and press OK.
- You should now be able to view the Discord folder. Delete it by clicking on it and pressing the delete key.
- After that, you’ll need to reboot your computer and reopen Discord.
3. Perform a complete uninstall and reinstall.
Installing the app and then removing both the appdata and Local appdata files altogether is one of the greatest ways that is thought to be a useful solution.
After that, you must reinstall them in order for it to operate normally. If you’re having trouble locating the Discord grey screen, here is the answer for you.
So, here’s how to totally erase the contents of the appdata folder.
- Type appwiz.cpl into the Run command dialog box and hit OK.
- After that, scroll down and right-click the Discord app in the list to remove it. This will delete all discord material from your computer.
- Then, for your PC, reinstall the most recent version of Discord. Please come here.
Note: If you get a notice saying Discord can’t be removed when doing this, it’s likely due to operating troubles. You may use the Method offered here to help you address this issue. This, on the other hand, will allow you to entirely eliminate the discord duty. After that, you can quickly delete the Discord program, and the discord not opening issue will be resolved.
4. Using the Web Version of Discord:
This is one of the most effective approaches to resolving the problem. There are several issues to investigate as to why Discord won’t open and why this error happens so often.
Overloaded cookies might be one of the main explanations. For certain folks, even though the discord is not necessary, they are experiencing the login procedure to the online version.
After users open the Discord web version, the problem with the Discord window application is rectified.
If you can log in via the online version, you’ll have a better chance of resolving the problem.
But first, make sure you verify the version of your Windows software.
Using this method will assist in resetting the account, allowing the system’s functioning to return to normal.
You may use the procedure outlined here to effectively access the Discord web version.
- To use the web version of Discord, click here. Go to the Discord app website in a web browser and click on Open Discord in your browser or log in.
https://discord.com/ is the official website.
- Now enter your login information and continue.
- Check the login information and make sure it’s correct before pressing enter.
- You’re done after you’ve entered your login information, and the problem will be resolved immediately.
5. Uncheck the Use a Proxy Server box.
This has shown to be an effective method of resolving the dispute without causing problems. Take the actions outlined below.
- Open the Run dialog box. Type inetcpl.cpl by pressing Winkey+R. Then press the Enter key.
- You may see the Internet Options popup window, then click on the connections tab to pick LAN settings.
- Simply deselect the Use a proxy server for your LAN option.
- When you’re finished, reopen the Discord program, and it should work without any issues.
6. Clear DNS
Before utilizing this approach, make sure the Discord program is entirely closed, including the Taskbar.
- Select Command Prompt by pressing the Win+X keys together.
- When the command prompt appears, enter ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Restart the Discord program now.
However, the issue with the Discord app not opening will be resolved immediately.
7. Make System Updates:
You may need to upgrade your system from time to time. Because there are certain issues, particularly if you’re using an older version of the Discord client. You could also get a discord won’t start problem, which you can fix by just upgrading your system. You will then be taken to the most recent version of the program.
8. Keeping the Running Files to a Minimum:
There might be other programs or even files operating in the background.
This may sometimes abstract and create a system fault.
As a result, it is strongly advised that you shut all other applications when using the Discord app.
Then you may lessen any number of background files that are operating, which will assist to reduce overloading.
9. Replace with the most recent version
The most recent version of the Discord software is always recommended. If you have the most recent version, there are lower odds that you may encounter my discord won’t open error.
As a result, make sure your Discord program is constantly up to date. You can get it from here.
10. Troubleshooting the Discord Error Message:
Discord won’t open as soon as you load the discount if you made of constrained a message shown.
Even if you open your Discord after it has been properly loaded, you may sometimes see a blue backdrop on your computer screen accompanied with an error notice.
Even though it may seem to be a little perplexing at first, it is extremely simple to resolve this problem if you take your time.
It is not always that you will simply see a message; you may also see a blue backdrop that flashes, indicating that the program is operating but that there is a login issue.
This might be the result of a random overloading program that has failed miserably.
Now is the time for us to focus on the problem and find a solution. However, there are a number of approaches that are pretty simple to address and resolve the problem.
Each approach is efficient in its own manner in order to handle Discord won’t open errors, but it’s too good to be true.
If you have any troubles with Discord not launching, you may follow the steps outlined above to rapidly repair the problem. Finally, the issue will be resolved, and your system will resume regular operation.
The “discord won’t open on phone” is a problem that many people have faced. There are 10 ways to fix the issue, which include turning off auto-launch in settings and clearing your cache.
- how to fix my discord
- discord not opening windows 11
- discord stuck on starting
- discord not opening windows 10
- taskkill discord